She does have 5! Another mystery that I didnt know! My other pearl has 5 toes as well.
So, most likely Silkie Ancestry somewhere in the cross.

My Guess for the crossing for these would be White Leghorn/Barred Rock X AustraWhite/Silkie.

I guess Barred Rock since some Smokey Pearls have ghost barring.

So, most likely Silkie Ancestry somewhere in the cross.

My Guess for the crossing for these would be White Leghorn/Barred Rock X AustraWhite/Silkie.

I guess Barred Rock since some have ghost barring.
Which breed has the 5 toes? I could not find any info about that in my research.
Would that also explain the slight variations in eggs? They are always light brown/tan sometimes they are speckled

Which breed has the 5 toes? I could not find any info about that in my research.
Would that also explain the slight variations in eggs? They are always light brown/tan sometimes they are speckled
Silkies have 5 toes, & Fibromelanosis.
This is my Crestless, & single combed LF Silkie pullet.
20230711_120825.jpg
That varies between individual brown layers mainly.
But AustraWhites lay light brown/cream colored Eggs.

Barred Rocks lay Tinted & Speckled, or Cream.

Silkies may lay, White, tinted, cream, light brown, or light brown with Speckles.

Leghorns lay white.

Silkies have 5 toes, & Fibromelanosis.
This is my Crestless, & single combed LF Silkie pullet. View attachment 3761949That varies between individual brown layers mainly.
But AustraWhites lay light brown/cream colored Eggs.

Barred Rocks lay Tinted & Speckled, or Cream.

Silkies may lay, White, tinted, cream, light brown, or light brown with Speckles.

Leghorns lay white.
Interesting! Thanks for the information! It's fascinating that one bird can have several traits for multiple breeds.

She has fibromelanism, which makes the skin black. When fibromelanism is pure, it makes everything black from the inside and outside, as seen in the Ayam Cemani. The only two things that are not black about Ayam Cemanis and other pure fibromelanistic chickens is their blood and eggs, which cannot genetically ever be black. Also, you do not spell it as waddles, it is wattles.

Looks like the “new” Zombie Chicken. There are a few threads about them on here I ran across while researching what a breeder I was talking to about AC chicks yesterday brought up when he said he was going to try breeding Zombies.

Back
Top Bottom