Why TSC is really the devil in disguise

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lizrndiver, Mar 16, 2011.

1. lizrndiver

lizrndiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    South Beloit, IL
    Because I can't go there without buying more chicks. [​IMG]

I took DH with to curb the temptation and he actually made it worse!!! [​IMG]

I thought we might get ten, but nooooooooo...

We left there with 30 more baby chicks. Mostly Isa Browns since we have quite a few regular egg customers. [​IMG]

Good thing the only fancy chicks they had were bantams. Boy were the crested chicks adorable, not sure what kind but they had the little puff on the top of their head.

I wonder at what point I become a hoarder?[​IMG]

45 hens, 1 rooster, 51 7 week old chicks, and 30 3 day old chicks certainly couldn't count [​IMG]

Liz

2. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:Naw! Chicks are too small to hoard! You'd have to have thousands! [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Whew! I'm gonna quote you on that!

4. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    That's not hoarding, that's good business sense. You have customers. You need eggs. Eggs come from chickens. So you need more chickens. More chickens mean more eggs to sell. More eggs means you can supply more customers. Which means you'll need more chickens.... See where this is going? You are just a good business woman. And you can quote me on that.

5. lizrndiver

Jul 30, 2009
    South Beloit, IL
    Yeah....safety in numbers. I will quote all of you!!

Liz

6. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Good gracious, I hope there's another roo or 5 in the new batch. The one you have now is going to die happy but exhausted!

7. lizrndiver

Jul 30, 2009
    South Beloit, IL
    Don't worry about him. My 51 7 week olds I hatched myself. They are running true to genetic statistics and I think about half are cockerels.

Since they are all dual purpose breeds, orpingtons and sussex, the "extras" will go to freezer boot camp. I did get a pair of Coronation sussex along with some coronation /light splits. If they are good quality I will breed them.

I also have some BBS Ameracaunas and if one is a roo, I may keep him too.

Liz

8. Dobela

Dobela Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Sigh. Maybe you need to visit our TSC. THey are selling out the day the chicks arrive. We keep missing them and keep hearing about the people calling and waiting outside in a line for the store to open.

9. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] I LIKE your thinking!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  10. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:me too!! [​IMG] there was some red pullets but most bins were empty I want ducks!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by