Why TSC is really the devil in disguise

lizrndiver

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
South Beloit, IL
Because I can't go there without buying more chicks.
barnie.gif

I took DH with to curb the temptation and he actually made it worse!!!
ep.gif

I thought we might get ten, but nooooooooo...

We left there with 30 more baby chicks. Mostly Isa Browns since we have quite a few regular egg customers.
thumbsup.gif

Good thing the only fancy chicks they had were bantams. Boy were the crested chicks adorable, not sure what kind but they had the little puff on the top of their head.

I wonder at what point I become a hoarder?
idunno.gif

45 hens, 1 rooster, 51 7 week old chicks, and 30 3 day old chicks certainly couldn't count
hide.gif

Liz

That's not hoarding, that's good business sense. You have customers. You need eggs. Eggs come from chickens. So you need more chickens. More chickens mean more eggs to sell. More eggs means you can supply more customers. Which means you'll need more chickens.... See where this is going? You are just a good business woman. And you can quote me on that.

Good gracious, I hope there's another roo or 5 in the new batch. The one you have now is going to die happy but exhausted!

Don't worry about him. My 51 7 week olds I hatched myself. They are running true to genetic statistics and I think about half are cockerels.

Since they are all dual purpose breeds, orpingtons and sussex, the "extras" will go to freezer boot camp. I did get a pair of Coronation sussex along with some coronation /light splits. If they are good quality I will breed them.

I also have some BBS Ameracaunas and if one is a roo, I may keep him too.

Liz

Sigh. Maybe you need to visit our TSC. THey are selling out the day the chicks arrive. We keep missing them and keep hearing about the people calling and waiting outside in a line for the store to open.

Back
Top Bottom