Why! Why! Why! im so sad please help!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jesseschickens, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Songster

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    I have an almost 2 year old flock and i went to let them out this morining and I found miss floppy, One of my buff orpingtons on her back feet in the air and head tucked under her wing. No signs of truma but does any one know why she might of died. no one ever picked on Miss. Floppy because she would pick back she has 4 other buff orpington sisters that miss her as much as I will...[​IMG] hh and did I mention that this is the first hen Ive ever lost.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I'm so sorry to hear about your chicken. Could she possible been attacked by something?

3. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Songster

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] The first one you lose hurts deep, I know how you feel. [​IMG]

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG] Maybe she had a heart attack or a stroke while she was sleeping?

5. princess_laquisha

princess_laquisha In the Brooder

Feb 14, 2011
    Seattle
    I am so sorry! We had a similar thing happen to one of our BO's a few weeks ago. I was looking out my window and noticed she was laying down. I went out to the coop and she had her head tucked under her wing and wasn't moving. We think that it might have been a clogged egg. She hadn't laid in a few days and it was the only explanation we could come up with. Again, I am so sorry! The first one really is hard [​IMG]

6. 14chickmama

14chickmama Chirping

Jan 6, 2011
    :'( so sorry

7. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Songster

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    Im so sorry !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gmendoza

gmendoza Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Same thing happened a while ago with a new black sex link we had.Upon seeing her carcass,she had an egg explosion just inside her vent.We werent there at the time,but the spanse of time was like 30 minutes.She must have endured a terrible experience.Im sorry for your loss as well . [​IMG]

9. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Songster

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    she has laid her egg every day since I got her shes never had a problem with her eggs she just died in her sleep. thank you for all your sympathy It hurts alot hers a picture of Miss Floppy in her memory:
    [​IMG]

I love her and will always miss her!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  10. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Songster

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Oh my heart goes out to you, what a beautiful hen, I have 5 BO coming with my chicks I hope there as nice
    So sorry hun, Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: