Why! Why! Why! im so sad please help!

Jesseschickens

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
somewhere in Pa
I have an almost 2 year old flock and i went to let them out this morining and I found miss floppy, One of my buff orpingtons on her back feet in the air and head tucked under her wing. No signs of truma but does any one know why she might of died. no one ever picked on Miss. Floppy because she would pick back she has 4 other buff orpington sisters that miss her as much as I will...
hit.gif
hh and did I mention that this is the first hen Ive ever lost.

Last edited:
I am so sorry! We had a similar thing happen to one of our BO's a few weeks ago. I was looking out my window and noticed she was laying down. I went out to the coop and she had her head tucked under her wing and wasn't moving. We think that it might have been a clogged egg. She hadn't laid in a few days and it was the only explanation we could come up with. Again, I am so sorry! The first one really is hard
hugs.gif

Same thing happened a while ago with a new black sex link we had.Upon seeing her carcass,she had an egg explosion just inside her vent.We werent there at the time,but the spanse of time was like 30 minutes.She must have endured a terrible experience.Im sorry for your loss as well .
hugs.gif

she has laid her egg every day since I got her shes never had a problem with her eggs she just died in her sleep. thank you for all your sympathy It hurts alot hers a picture of Miss Floppy in her memory:
46547_028.jpg

I love her and will always miss her!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom