Why won't my Hens lay any longer?

I have a coop and pen with my older birds. They aren't laying either. I get one maybe two eggs a day from those nest boxes. They did recently molt. I do have night lights in all of the coops. My other birds weren't laying too well either and since they were going through their molts I started giving them higher protein feed. My egg production has increased.

Thanks so much!! I will have to do this, add in younger hens, but I was scared bc of diseases & I didn't want to bring in any new chickens to my existing flock.❤
Quarantine the new birds for about a month and then you can introduce them to the others. I hatch out my chicks so I'm never bringing in any outside birds and maintain my flocks.

I have a coop and pen with my older birds. They aren't laying either. I get one maybe two eggs a day from those nest boxes. They did recently molt. I do have night lights in all of the coops. My other birds weren't laying too well either and since they were going through their molts I started giving them higher protein feed. My egg production has increased.
What is the name of the protein feed you give your ladies?

Don't know where you live. You can use game bird or meat bird feeds which are higher in protein. They won't hurt the birds. I used to be able to get special higher protein feed for my chicks but that company has discontinued it so now I feed them Game Bird starter feed. The feed I use is only available in the Southeast.

Back
Top Bottom