Why won't they Pair Up?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hello everyone I recently bought a pair of hungarian giant house pigeons to keep my lone fantail hen company. Well my male hungarian and fantail hen decided they liked each other and paired. When I figured out that they had paired up I separated the fantail hen from the hungarians, hoping the hungarians would pair. I am really wanting my hungarians to breed. THe thing is, they show no interest in each other whatsoever. Is there anything I can do to encourage them to pair up? Would putting them in a cage by themselves encourage them to pair up? ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks.

Are you sure you have a cock and a hen? If so putting them by them in a small cage together may help.

Put them in their own cage, provide them with a nest bowl/box, and some nesting material. When the male discovers he has his own place to show off, he'll probably let the hen know
lol.png

I have found that placing a pigeon alone for at least two weeks usually gets them "excited" to pair. But it can take a while (differs by breed) to remate birds. If they can see the other than they will never remate.

Back
Top Bottom