Why would a chick sleep standing up

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brookwoodpat, Jun 5, 2008.

1. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Songster

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I LOVE that picture!!! That is too funny!

I've got one that falls asleep staring at herself in the mirror. I have found her sleeping with her face smashed against her reflection more times than one. She just loves her reflection! I think it's becoming a problem, and I've chatted with her about it, but she apparently thinks that's the best view in the coop. [​IMG]

Penny

I love that pic too!!!!! There really is no "normal"! [​IMG]

Chick-Chick likes her reflection too lol, snoozes that way when she's visiting us in the house! [​IMG]

2. TT

TT Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    Normal? There are so many different sleeping patterns going on with mine it is sooo cute. I watched one of the turkens walk up to some of the others, he stretched out his neck and wings over them and then just laid down. It was sooo cute to watch - of course the camera was no where near the brooder [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  3. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Songster

Apr 8, 2008
    lol cute pic but id probably freak out and wake the 1st one up to make sure it wasnt... y'know... sleeping the LONG sleep..

i love the one thats face down.. thats a riot [​IMG]

4. TexasJoe

TexasJoe Taking a break

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:OMG you gotta post pics! I want to see that one with the feet in the air!

lol. I haven't been successful taking a picture of him, yet. I need a webcam, since I know they act differently when I'm not around. For some reason, I like the JCXR's more than the rest of my flock..they have a certain laziness that just makes me jealous.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Yup had two of those. Scared the living daylights out of me first time I saw them with butts in the air, heads in the shavings and leaning against the side of the brooder! [​IMG]

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Silkie....that picture is ADORABLE!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

[​IMG]

7. chickenman7

chickenman7 Songster

Sep 11, 2007
    TX
    Quote:Thats what my baby turken did!!

8. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    here is a SLEEPING day old pheasant
    [​IMG]