Why yellow feathered chicks?

A pullet that is half marans, half EE will lay dark green eggs if the father carries the blue egg gene. They are what is bred together to create an olive egger.

If your cuckoo marans hens had chicks with these roos, the light colored ones would have probably been fathered by the lighter of the two.
If your marans mated with a cuckoo marans roo and the wheaten gene is from only marans, they should lay dark eggs.
After reading this entry again, I noticed In the first sentence of the paragraph is being stated that "a hen half maran and half EE... ", the hen is PURE maran not mixed. Do the outcome of the eggs color is still the same? In the chicks?

After reading this entry again, I noticed In the first sentence of the paragraph is being stated that "a hen half maran and half EE... ", the hen is PURE maran not mixed. Do the outcome of the eggs color is still the same? In the chicks?
Apologies if I was not clear. I am aware your mother hens are purebred.

I am talking about the offspring.
They will be half marans and half ee.

A full marans mated to an Easter egger with blue egg genes will create a half marans half Easter egger. The pullets that are results of this cross breeding will lay olive green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom