Why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cetawin, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I ask you...why is it that people will ask you "Who are you voting for?" and if you decline to answer they harrass you until you do and IF you say I am voting for X they proceed to tell you that you are wrong? Then they try to debate the issues with you and why your candidate is wrong and why theirs is right.

WHY? :thun

I was taught that if you did not want to hear the answer, don't ask the question. So why ask me something if you do not want to hear my answer? It is not like you are going to sit there and in the two minutes I listen to you, change my mind so why ask?

It is one thing to have a discussion and discuss your views and opinions when that is the purpose but to ask me in the grocery store and then jump down my throat because you do not agree. [​IMG]

Rant over.... we return you to your normal scheduled BYC activity.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just stare at the bridge of their nose (It looks like I am starign them down). When they are done I remind them that "ballots are secret for a reason, please respect that."
    And if they persist, tell them to MYOB.

3. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me that. [​IMG]

4. inudat12

inudat12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    NorthCentral Ohio
    You haven't met mt mil nor my grandmother.

[​IMG]

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:LOL...

Politics are so personal - I'd NEVER ask anyone who they were voting for. Either they agree with you and you stand there and bond and become compadres or they disagree with you and you fight over who's right!

I'd be offended though, if someone asked me. I wouldn't know how to answer to be honest. Not because I don't know who I'm voting for but because of the fallout from the conversation that would ensue. [​IMG]

6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Politics ARE personal. People take them serious because the outcomes matter. They directly affect each of us.

Having that level of impact, people tend to invest in them emotionally, too. Often enough when people ask who you want to vote for, they are really asking about YOU. The basic truth, the Question we all want the answer to is, "Can you be trusted?"

It is an emotional question, from an emotional person who takes what politics represent seriously.

Or, they're just being nosy cranks, spoiling or a fight.

7. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I just tell them I don't vote!!! Usually starts a bigger debate, but one easier to get out of!!!! I hate justifying my decisions, so I just say neither! I agree with MYOB!!!

8. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Ya'll are way to nice!!! [​IMG]

MYOB is the first words out of my mouth but I can assure
    you they are not as nice a BYOB lol and that is not just about
    plo a ticks.. If I want ya to know I will tell you otherwise keep
    your nose where it belongs. [​IMG]

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hmmm... perhaps answer "Humphrey the Third Earl of Corningware. He promises a chicken in every casserole dish. He's a wild card candidate, but I really think he has a chance." Then smile sweetly and walk away.
    [​IMG]

10. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I don't think I've ever had anyone ask me that. Maybe it's just obvious which side I'm on [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by