Wierd egg? (Pic Included)

themillican

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 19, 2009
Central Coast, CA
When I collected the eggs from my 4 RIRs this morning and this is what I found:

23262_wierd_egg.jpg

What is with the egg on the right? I have never seen an egg like this! I have had the girls for about 4 months now and this is the first wierd egg. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what this is. I haven't cracked it yet because I want my husband to see it first. I'll update when I know what is in it.

I've got one of them in my egg basket. It's a cute little bugger! I found it on the coop floor. Here's a picture the day I gathered it:

windegg.jpg

I dunno about it being a new layer, they've all been laying since October 31st.....

When I was little all of our RIR's (we had tons) started laying at the same time, but only a few of them laid those little eggs. We called them "empties" since there was only white in them.

I have had a few of these before. Mine were from older hens into their third year of laying and they were perfect miniature eggs inside. We fried the first one we ever found...it was a bite-sized over-easy egg...yummy!
pop.gif

Quote:
Hah, my mom loves anything miniature like that! She made us some miniburgers using baguettes once.

I love the egg shell though, it looks really neat. Me, I'd blow out whatever is inside and keep the egg shell intact. Hey has anyone ever had one of these "fart eggs" be fertile? Probably not large enough to sustain life...

Back
Top Bottom