Nigel27

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
Those screenshots are of the links from hatcheries (where most people buy Olive Eggers) that specifically say that they will not all lay olive eggs. This is my point. Not all olive eggers will lay olive eggs.

I do not wish to argue or digress. :)
The hybrid brown laying siblings of OEs would technically be EEs

Meg-in-MT

Enabler
Jan 29, 2018
SW Montana
The hybrid brown laying siblings of OEs would technically be EEs
Nigel, I think you're missing my point: When someone buys an "olive egger" from a hatchery or whomever, they will not 100% lay olive colored eggs. Like the OP, for example. They have an "olive egger" that does not lay olive. Whether that turns it into an EE, I don't know.

Nigel27

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
Nigel, I think you're missing my point: When someone buys an "olive egger" from a hatchery or whomever, they will not 100% lay olive colored eggs. Like the OP, for example. They have an "olive egger" that does not lay olive. Whether that turns it into an EE, I don't know.
If it doesn’t lay Olive eggs it’s not an OE, plain and simple. It’s not a guarantee to get all OEs when breeding them. But their name is quite literal. Check out the Oliver Egger thread

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
can anyone tell me why my chickens egg has grey spots should I be worried
Speckles.
'Speckled' eggs can happen for several different reasons...very few, if any, of which are a 'problem'.
Can be caused by:
Excess or uneven pigment coating.
Excess or uneven cuticle(bloom).
Excess calcium deposits.
Porous eggs can appear speckled.
Some birds lay them consistently, some only once in awhile.
The pigment or bloom can change appearance when wet, then change back when dry again.

As long as bird is getting a good diet and is healthy in every other way, it is no cause for concern.

Those screenshots are of the links from hatcheries (where most people buy Olive Eggers) that specifically say that they will not all lay olive eggs. This is my point. Not all olive eggers will lay olive eggs.
Remember the hatcheries are marketing masters, not everything they write is based on fact.

If it doesn’t lay Olive eggs it’s not an OE, plain and simple. It’s not a guarantee to get all OEs when breeding them. But their name is quite literal. Check out the Oliver Egger thread
Yes, we cleared this up on the OE thread......starting with this post:
Hey, so if my OEs don’t lay olive eggs are they still OEs?

Top Bottom