wierd quail hatch

JohnG

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 4, 2008
I had a funny quail hatch. I had 30 bobwhite eggs 14 hatched right on time. I left the other eggs in the incubator for two more days and when I went to clean out the incubator, I picked up one of the eggs that had piped but not hatched. As I picked off a little more of the shell I heard the chick start to chirp. So I thought I will give them one more day. Well to my suprise I had 5 more hatch the next morning all with in 1hr of each other. Has any one else had this happen before? It was almost like they started growing later than the other chicks, even though they were all placed in the bator the same time.

Yea it happens sometimes with all breeds of birds.. even me.. when i hatch out my button quail and coturnix quail both quails incubation dates are 16 days yet they didn't start to hatch till day 17 and then i still had some hatching on day 19 i'm not sure why they hatch so late.. thats why everyone says leave any eggs that didn't hatch on due date in the bator for atleast another 2 or 3 days just to make sure
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom