wierdest chicken name?

We had some chickens named...

Lemon Chicken
Blackend Chicken
Cajun Chicken
Salt
Pepper

They were are egg layers, husband thought it was funny to name them after food.

My son (turning into a teen)thot it was funny to name my favorite chicken Bar-B-Q.( Her sisers were Ann Dumplings and Frieda Fricasee )Bar-B-Q now comes when you call it. We had a GIANT partridge cochin named Moa. The mille fluer roo is called Stumpy cause he stamps his feet at you and the tufted aracana roo gets called Earmuffs.

I had a lovely Golden Phoenix rooster named Blitz after the blitzkreig, lightning warfare tactic. I also have a Silkie mix hen named Davy, had a Polish mix pullet named M & M and a Silkie mix named Cheddar.

I think I've got the most unusual one here. My nephew has a hen he named Gold Of The Fence. Don't ask me why, he's three.

I have a pullet named Larry!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Harry Potter! Lol.

We have a white Silkie Rooster named Lenny, a black Silkie Rooster named Carl (best buddies), a blue Silkie rooster named Homer, and a splash Silkie roo named Dorian (he used to be Dorothy til he turned into a roo..lol)

Do you know where three of those names came from?

We also have a laying hen named Rosie. Silkie hens named Stumpy, Izzy, Motzie, MaryAnne, etc... I used to have four Mallards named Spike, Ducky, Petri, and Doodles.

Last edited:
Toeless Ruby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

RIR that is missing the middle toenail on each foot.....born that way I guess. ???

But she's a good girl. Lays the prettiest dark brown eggs and is the sweetest hen of the bunch.

Toenails are overrated.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom