Wife's Christmas Present (New Coop)

psrumors

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 11, 2008
It's ready for paint and then trim. The ladys will be able to move in tomorrow once I get some bedding, a hoist for the ramp and figure out the dropping boards.

There is 176" of roost and 4 nest boxes. Our plans are to have a flock of about 15. They are completely free range over 5 fenced acres otherwise I would not put 15 in here.

For the dropping boards I want to use a removable pan, maybe cookie sheets or plastic totes right under the roost. Just need to figure out how I am going to secure them.

This was my first big project. Learned how to cut rafters and all sorts of other things I didn't think I could do. Next will be a storage building / kids play house.

88front1.jpg

88int.jpg

88int1.jpg

88ramp.jpg

88back.jpg

88nest.jpg

This little lady couldn't wait. She has been in and out and inspecting since day one. I sware she knew what I was building.

88roost.jpg

We do plan on starting paint next week. Everything you see will be painted an Americauna Green Egg color and then instal white trim.

Thanks all!!! It took me right at 4 weeks of evenings to get to this point. The wife is excited about a nice flock. We hope to get a dozen eggs a day on average.

Back
Top Bottom