Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

rosemi78

Songster
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Ashland, Missouri
I have 9 eggs left out of 28 set. They aren't due to be put on lockdown until tomorrow, but when I turned them tonight, I noticed several wiggling. I went ahead and upped their humidity just to be safe, but I'm curious to know how long after you see the wiggles that you notice hatching begin. Any ideas?

If your eggs are ahead----your incubator must be to hot----but to answer your question----if you are on day 17----I can not remember mine wiggiling that early. When I do see them moving---usually start pipping with in a day or two.

It's a junky LG incubator. I noticed a serious temp spike (105) about a week ago, per my secondary thermometer. I reduced the set temp by a degree and haven't seen it happen again, but like you said, I think it has happened more often than I have been able to catch it. I hope I got their humidity bumped up in time...

It's a junky LG incubator. I noticed a serious temp spike (105) about a week ago, per my secondary thermometer. I reduced the set temp by a degree and haven't seen it happen again, but like you said, I think it has happened more often than I have been able to catch it. I hope I got their humidity bumped up in time...
Good Luck

If your eggs are ahead----your incubator must be to hot----but to answer your question----if you are on day 17----I can not remember mine wiggiling that early. When I do see them moving---usually start pipping with in a day or two.
The black on hatched at 1:13 today, one day early. The blonde one was hatched when I got up at 7 this morning. Hopefully the rest do as well as these two did.

Attachments

• 20170522_131447.jpg
    20170522_131447.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170522_131437.jpg
    20170522_131437.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 3
It's common to see eggs wiggling at day 17 because that is when they position themselves head under wing beak up. Wiggles at day 17 usually rest after positioning and you won't see movement again until the start pipping day 19-21.

Back
Top Bottom