Wiggling duck eggs

5th external pip! (out of 7). #6 is moving a lot, and #7 is the only one I was slightly worried about, before lockdown.

No one has hatched yet from 1-4 but there's wiggling and chirping. Fingers crossed!

One hatched last night around 1am! Have 3 or 4 more that are starting to think about unzipping it seems. This little guy is still in the incubator moving around and moving eggs around. I’m trying to not take him out yet so the ones starting to unzip don’t lose humidity. Any suggestions? It’s been about 8.5 hours since this one hatched

Attachments

• D0E816F1-3B42-4B16-8AB7-2CFCDDDB6B21.jpeg
    D0E816F1-3B42-4B16-8AB7-2CFCDDDB6B21.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 4
@nchls school how long do you keep them in the incubator before moving to the brooder?
They can stay in the incubator until the hatch is done-24 hours easily. The absorbed yolk gives them all the water and nutrients they need for 2-3 days. This is why hatcheries ship chicks/ducklings, etc. soon after hatch.

Your 8:34 post did not come through to me. I hope all is going well.

Last edited:
They can stay in the incubator until the hatch is done-24 hours easily. The absorbed yolk gives them all the water and nutrients they need for 2-3 days. This is why hatcheries ship chicks/ducklings, etc. soon after hatch.
So I shouldn’t move them a few hours after hatching?

Back
Top Bottom