Wiggling duck eggs

Thanks all. I brought them in to raise indoors; too many predators. When I took them from the nest, there wasn't eight. Instead there was nine!

Have the wiggling eggs started to hatch (external pips) yet.

Thanks all. I brought them in to raise indoors; too many predators. When I took them from the nest, there wasn't eight. Instead there was nine!

Have the wiggling eggs started to hatch (external pips) yet.
3 of 7 eggs have external pips as of yesterday afternoon sand evening. Just checked a moment ago and one of them might be starting to unzip. Set up the go pro and going back to bed. They were chatty

I predict they will hatch way before day 28; likely tonight.
I would hope the 3 that external pipped yesterday will hatch sometime tonight at least. The one that pipped this morning, maybe tmw? And then there are 3 more eggs that have not external pipped yet but still seem to be alive.

Now's the time to decide if you're going to do an assisted hatch. One of the problems with this is opening the incubator which is likely to be harmful.

Have you experience with doing an assisted hatch? What's the humidity in the room where you have the incubator? Here in TN the humidity is high so opening the incubator is not as serious as places where humidity is low/has dry air.

With my Call ducks, it's always an assisted hatch when in the incubator. Many call duckling have a tiny, short bill making it hard for them to hatch.

Now's the time to decide if you're going to do an assisted hatch. One of the problems with this is opening the incubator which is likely to be harmful.

Have you experience with doing an assisted hatch? What's the humidity in the room where you have the incubator? Here in TN the humidity is high so opening the incubator is not as serious as places where humidity is low/has dry air.

With my Call ducks, it's always an assisted hatch when in the incubator. Many call duckling have a tiny, short bill making it hard for them to hatch.
I was not planning on it unless absolutely necessary. Never done this before at all. It's been about 22 hours since the first one pip'd so was at least going to give them a little longer.

I can get a humidifier or something running a little before if I have to open it, but really hoping not to do that and just let them hatch naturally. None of mine are call ducks. They are from my ducks, will wind up mixed breed ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom