When do eggs wiggle??

chandlerchickens

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2024
Hi all! On day 18 of our first incubator hatch!! I saw all of the eggs starting to move today right before I put them on lockdown. I took out the turner, upped the humidity (at about 65 trying to get 70/75) but is this kind of early to see movement?? Are they going to hatch sooner than day 21 or is this normal? I’m worried I didn’t give them enough time to get into “hatching position”

I have seen movement at day 18 they usally hatch day 20 some hatch day 21.
They are getting ready to internally pip then within 24 hours they should externally pip.

Yay!! I’m so excited!!! Most of the eggs are blue/green so I couldn’t see ANYTHING except a black area the entire time except for in 1. But then today all of them had movement which was such a relief!!

:welcome Incubating is so exciting and rewarding GOOD LUCK with your hatch. There are some very knowledgeable folks on BYC more than willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
I didn’t pay attention to air cell placement when I put on lockdown this morning. Should I candle them now and place the larger part of the air cell up?

Back
Top Bottom