Wiggling pekin duck eggs at day 18!!!!?!?!?

Brinsea mini only used it one other time and hatched 2 out of 4. I have four again hoping to get 2. So is this not looking good if one is wiggling already ? What happens if the temps off will they be like hatching early and all deformed or just die in egg ?
Ok. Well, before hatching in it again, be sure to check it with a calibrated thermometer.
Well, it could be a little ahead of schedule. But it should be ok, just keep an eye on them. I'd candle every other day until lockdown just to see where they are in development. Watch for internal pipping, if you see internal pipping lock them down, no matter what day they're on. You can post candling pics here to confirm whether they are internally pipped if you want.

I'm guessing your temp has been on the low side if they look behind.

So number 4 the first wiggler air sac is bigger than the rest and I just candled and I cannot see a clear beak but see bulge above air sac line. Hard to see in pic because it moves a little. I don’t hear peeps tho. My question is if he like internally pips first like tmrw day 24 should I start lockdown a day early ?
It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like he's just shadowing.
If he internally pips start lockdown. If you get clearer pics that would help too.

Ok the second one is about to hatch though it’s sooo close so should I just wait for it to hatch wait an hour after hatch then open once taking both out? Thanks
Awww! It's almost out! Yeah you can wait for it to hatch and then move them both in an hour.
Also, the membrane looks a bit dry. Can you up the humidity some?

Ok thanks I just added water ! To be honest I’ve had little issues with temp today because my husband scared me saying it was 102 and I didn’t look and turned down but turns out he read it wrong so the past four hours the temp has fluctuated 96-101😫 I was freaking out but last half hour it’s been steady 98-99 finally
Ok good!
Oh wow, lol! I'm sure they'll be fine. Ducklings at this age can regulate their temp pretty well.

Ok thanks! no blood and yup the Shell was dry -strange I never opened the lid until I assisted. I feel bad knowing this is exactly what happened 3 years ago on my first batch I had 3 and one the beak was showing and I never opened to help but now I know when it’s time. Ok once dry I’ll get these two out- there is quite a bit of condensation in there. I really hope the last 4th egg hatches - the whole time this egg was not ahead and normal development lol so hopefully he hatches tmrw (27) or Monday (28). Thanks everyone

Is there a way to tell canceling from out of bater if the last one is still a possible hatch? Thanks

Attachments

• 66EF8E53-A2D0-4FFE-BE34-A59876542236.jpeg
    66EF8E53-A2D0-4FFE-BE34-A59876542236.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom