Wiggling pekin duck eggs at day 18!!!!?!?!?

Mrichard0930

Songster
7 Years
Sep 15, 2016
4 eggs in incubator 1 is wiggling like crazy for 5 mins now I still have over a week to go. I candled on day 15 and wasn’t planning to again until day 24. Is this normal ? Thanks

4 eggs in incubator 1 is wiggling like crazy for 5 mins now I still have over a week to go. I candled on day 15 and wasn’t planning to again until day 24. Is this normal ? Thanks
Did you calibrate an additional thermometer to check your temp?
It may be running too high.
But yes, I've had them start wiggling early. Candle in a couple days to check and be sure there aren't any internal pips, but otherwise proceed as normal. They should be fine.

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like he's just shadowing.
If he internally pips start lockdown. If you get clearer pics that would help too.
OMG I swear I just heard a peep and they’re rocking a ton after I turned them. I don’t have you tube is there another way to load or send a video. This is nuts

Last edited:
The early wiggling egg is out! lol hatched at 4 am on day 26! Second is about to come out. Worried about the other 2 because she pushed and turned the egg who started zipping. If the 2nd comes before 11 am what time could I take the two out ? And should I reposition egg she flipped ?thanks

Attachments

• 2C9663A1-2255-4DB1-9146-5C336DE29C91.jpeg
    2C9663A1-2255-4DB1-9146-5C336DE29C91.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 8
Well to my surprise the 3 Rd egg literally just hatched wasn’t even watching that one since 2nd one was further along. So now do I have to wait an hour to open since the second one just hatched ?
Oh yay!!! You don't have to wait an hour, it's just a good general guideline.
Wow that intense the first time I ever assisted a duck I had to pull it out because it was really screaming in the two of them were hovering over it I have decent fingernails so I just slowly pulled around beak n it popped right out in my hand what an experience I put it right back in the incubator and pulled out the one that hatched first so the two that just hatched in the past 20 minutes are back in the incubator I hope that’s all OK what I did I have no idea I panicked and blacked out when it started really screaming in there trying to push LOL I’m still shaking
Great job!!!! Any blood?
You did awesome. Perfect! 👍
Once one of the new ones is dry, you can move it to the brooder too. The two new ones will be ready around the same time probably.

I did not and the first few days incubating my temp fluctuated quite a bit 98-100 - the first time I did this was summer time and the temp was perfect so I added a heat lamp near the incubator since our house is 61 and only put a thermometer next to incubator to ensure the temp doesn’t go below 63 out outside. Since the first few days it’s been between 99-100. So if the temp at some points was closer to 100 which it has been here and there will they hatch earlier and be alive and normal ? I plan on candling few days. I turn them 5-6 times a day. Thanks

I did not and the first few days incubating my temp fluctuated quite a bit 98-100 - the first time I did this was summer time and the temp was perfect so I added a heat lamp near the incubator since our house is 61 and only put a thermometer next to incubator to ensure the temp doesn’t go below 63 out outside. Since the first few days it’s been between 99-100. So if the temp at some points was closer to 100 which it has been here and there will they hatch earlier and be alive and normal ? I plan on candling few days. I turn them 5-6 times a day. Thanks
Oh. If you didn't calibrate one there is no way to know what the temp actually has been/is. You can't trust the built in thermometer in your incubator, they're almost always incorrect.
What kind of incubator?
Ok. 👍

Oh. If you didn't calibrate one there is no way to know what the temp actually has been/is. You can't trust the built in thermometer in your incubator, they're almost always incorrect.
What kind of incubator?
Ok. 👍
Brinsea mini only used it one other time and hatched 2 out of 4. I have four again hoping to get 2. So is this not looking good if one is wiggling already ? What happens if the temps off will they be like hatching early and all deformed or just die in egg ?

Back
Top Bottom