Wiggling pekin duck eggs at day 18!!!!?!?!?

Ok thanks I just added water ! To be honest I’ve had little issues with temp today because my husband scared me saying it was 102 and I didn’t look and turned down but turns out he read it wrong so the past four hours the temp has fluctuated 96-101😫 I was freaking out but last half hour it’s been steady 98-99 finally
Ok good!
Oh wow, lol! I'm sure they'll be fine. Ducklings at this age can regulate their temp pretty well.

Ok good!
Oh wow, lol! I'm sure they'll be fine. Ducklings at this age can regulate their temp pretty well.
Did the one the was flipped zip wide enough ? It’s been struggling pushing and getting it where in this position for an hour then sometimes the peep sound distressed

Attachments

• 273F31C7-FDFA-48FB-8F29-C0A4CD773C26.jpeg
    273F31C7-FDFA-48FB-8F29-C0A4CD773C26.jpeg
    350.4 KB · Views: 9
Did the one the was flipped zip wide enough ? It’s been struggling pushing and getting it where in this position for an hour then sometimes the peep sound distressed
I think it's a bit shrinkwrapped. Go ahead and help him out. He should be out by now. If he takes longer than an hour to zip he needs help.

I think it's a bit shrinkwrapped. Go ahead and help him out. He should be out by now. If he takes longer than an hour to zip he needs help.
Well to my surprise the 3 Rd egg literally just hatched wasn’t even watching that one since 2nd one was further along. So now do I have to wait an hour to open since the second one just hatched ?

Wow that intense the first time I ever assisted a duck I had to pull it out because it was really screaming in the two of them were hovering over it I have decent fingernails so I just slowly pulled around beak n it popped right out in my hand what an experience I put it right back in the incubator and pulled out the one that hatched first so the two that just hatched in the past 20 minutes are back in the incubator I hope that’s all OK what I did I have no idea I panicked and blacked out when it started really screaming in there trying to push LOL I’m still shaking

Well to my surprise the 3 Rd egg literally just hatched wasn’t even watching that one since 2nd one was further along. So now do I have to wait an hour to open since the second one just hatched ?
Oh yay!!! You don't have to wait an hour, it's just a good general guideline.
Wow that intense the first time I ever assisted a duck I had to pull it out because it was really screaming in the two of them were hovering over it I have decent fingernails so I just slowly pulled around beak n it popped right out in my hand what an experience I put it right back in the incubator and pulled out the one that hatched first so the two that just hatched in the past 20 minutes are back in the incubator I hope that’s all OK what I did I have no idea I panicked and blacked out when it started really screaming in there trying to push LOL I’m still shaking
Great job!!!! Any blood?
You did awesome. Perfect! 👍
Once one of the new ones is dry, you can move it to the brooder too. The two new ones will be ready around the same time probably.

Ok thanks! no blood and yup the Shell was dry -strange I never opened the lid until I assisted. I feel bad knowing this is exactly what happened 3 years ago on my first batch I had 3 and one the beak was showing and I never opened to help but now I know when it’s time. Ok once dry I’ll get these two out- there is quite a bit of condensation in there. I really hope the last 4th egg hatches - the whole time this egg was not ahead and normal development lol so hopefully he hatches tmrw (27) or Monday (28). Thanks everyone

Is there a way to tell canceling from out of bater if the last one is still a possible hatch? Thanks

Attachments

• 66EF8E53-A2D0-4FFE-BE34-A59876542236.jpeg
    66EF8E53-A2D0-4FFE-BE34-A59876542236.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom