Wiggling pekin duck eggs at day 18!!!!?!?!?

Crap I’m going to be away from 1 pm day 25 until 9 pm day 26 now I’m nervous because I was just going to have my husband turn them and check humidity water ..😫! Ok thanks because I have no idea what internal pip looks like I only know external. What is the earliest day a pekin Duck would hatch this is crazy
Well, Pekins should be locked down the morning of Day 25.
It varies greatly. I can post some internal pip pics when I get home in a few hours.
I figured I’d start lockdown day 26 at 9pm when I Got home- day 1 started at 2 pm so I figured 7 hour delay isn’t too bad but now I’m nervous he’ll need to lock them down and not even know it
It should be day 25. It's better to lock down earlier than later, so I would lock them down on day 24 if you will be gone.

It varies greatly. I can post some internal pip pics when I get home in a few hours.

It should be day 25. It's better to lock down earlier than later, so I would lock them down on day 24 if you will be gone.
Wait what lol why did I read day 26 is lockdown (I don’t even remember what day I did last hatch 3 years ago) omg that’s great news I leave day 25 at 1 pm so I can lock them down that morning I come back day 26 at 9 Pm the latest. Wow you just gave me amazing news because I was so worried about rushing home to lock them down on day 26.

Is it possible to lock down even sooner than day 24 ? And how would I even know what day to do it ? Because I just candled them all and I’m no expert but it looks like they’re day 22 but it’s only day 19. I also realized what internal pip is the beak breaking into air sac which hasn’t happened - I didn’t see that with the eggs I hatched before but googled pics. I’m so confused how these eggs could be developing so quickly I hope they won’t be deformed or anything since they’re not supposed to hatch until 26-28

Wait what lol why did I read day 26 is lockdown (I don’t even remember what day I did last hatch 3 years ago) omg that’s great news I leave day 25 at 1 pm so I can lock them down that morning I come back day 26 at 9 Pm the latest. Wow you just gave me amazing news because I was so worried about rushing home to lock them down on day 26.
Omg I missed this somehow!!! I'm SOOO sorry!
Nope, it's supposed to be day 25. :)
Is it possible to lock down even sooner than day 24 ? And how would I even know what day to do it ? Because I just candled them all and I’m no expert but it looks like they’re day 22 but it’s only day 19. I also realized what internal pip is the beak breaking into air sac which hasn’t happened - I didn’t see that with the eggs I hatched before but googled pics. I’m so confused how these eggs could be developing so quickly I hope they won’t be deformed or anything since they’re not supposed to hatch until 26-28
Yep! You can lockdown on day 24 if you want to. I don't think it's a good idea to up humidity much above 60% though until day 26 or 27 though.
Can you post any candling pics? Try to get clear ones and do it in a totally dark room if you do.

I'm guessing your temp has been on the low side if they look behind.

Omg I missed this somehow!!! I'm SOOO sorry!
Nope, it's supposed to be day 25. :)

Yep! You can lockdown on day 24 if you want to. I don't think it's a good idea to up humidity much above 60% though until day 26 or 27 though.
Can you post any candling pics? Try to get clear ones and do it in a totally dark room if you do.
Ok Thanks! I candled last night so I’ll candle tomorrow night and post a pic. They are all wiggling now. It’s day 20 today. Yesterday when I candled on day 19 in my opinion they look like day 22. The temp was never too high always under 100 but the first few days ranged a bit 98-100 until I got it steady 99.5. It’s been pretty steady. I wonder if having the heat lamp a foot away made a difference. My house is cold so I put a thermometer on other side of heat lamp to make sure it didn’t go below 63. The heat lamp was for steady heat since my house fluctuates but i wonder if it may have cause faster development

Ok Thanks! I candled last night so I’ll candle tomorrow night and post a pic. They are all wiggling now. It’s day 20 today. Yesterday when I candled on day 19 in my opinion they look like day 22. The temp was never too high always under 100 but the first few days ranged a bit 98-100 until I got it steady 99.5. It’s been pretty steady. I wonder if having the heat lamp a foot away made a difference. My house is cold so I put a thermometer on other side of heat lamp to make sure it didn’t go below 63. The heat lamp was for steady heat since my house fluctuates but i wonder if it may have cause faster development
Ok!
If you didn't calibrate a thermometer to check the temp, there's no way to be sure it's been staying in that range though.
Maybe, Idk.

Ok!
If you didn't calibrate a thermometer to check the temp, there's no way to be sure it's been staying in that range though.
Maybe, Idk.
Good point I keep forgetting I can not rely on that. I attached a candling pic from outside bater - this is the one that started wiggling now has been all the time past two days

Attachments

• 69B5CDC2-2E10-48B2-AF84-C464E2A7733D.jpeg
    69B5CDC2-2E10-48B2-AF84-C464E2A7733D.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom