Wilbur's comb has a problem

That looks like favus to me. You are going to need to follow Dawg's advice and get an antifungal agent on that bird. Favus spreads readily and quickly.

Sorry. Good luck.

Anything that impacts the immune system and resistance increases the outbreak of favus or any disease entity. So, yes, extreme parasite infestation can favor favus.

Anything that impacts the immune system and resistance increases the outbreak of favus or any disease entity. So, yes, extreme parasite infestation can favor favus.

Wow, Sourland. I couldn't have said it better myself. Spot on.

Got the ointment and rubbed it on his comb and one other gal.

I don't think I've got a major infectation of either mites or lice, but I'll definitely check. Wilbur might be a little extra stressed since I kept a young cockrel who has now come to maturity... causing a little extra pressure and competition.
hmm.png
I've be thinking about getting rid of the younger guy, but was waiting to see if I could have him mate with another americauna. Might consider getting rid of him and calming things down.

thanks so much.

Wilbur's comb is now peeling and the pieces are crispy... and when I put oinment on it he shakes his head and I'm thinking that it must have hurt him. I was putting the oinment on 2x a day.

what do you think??? Is this to be expected?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom