Wild Birbs

Pics
1050215.jpg
P1060477.jpg
P1060492.jpg

Wild coots and their chicks, we know them here to be the loud and angry little birdies on the water, always up for a fight! Their feet are fantastic but also kind of gross. Quite common here in England but still very impressive in my opinion.

Some lovely birds and nice photos!

In some parts of the U.S., comorants are known as "hell divers" because of their ability to plunge into the water, strike and return to the surface.

Your English robins certainly look different than the ones we have in Iowa. Ours don't seem particularly aggressive, either, Unless you almost step on one of their young ones.

While searching for hidden runner duck eggs in a bunch of trumpet vines, I looked down just in time to NOT crush a robin fledgling who wasn't too keen on flight yet. His desperate parents began screaming at me and flying hysterically. It only got worse when Junior hopped into an open chicken run, and I had to scoop him up to keep him away from my bullying birds. All is well now.

Some lovely birds and nice photos!

In some parts of the U.S., comorants are known as "hell divers" because of their ability to plunge into the water, strike and return to the surface.

Your English robins certainly look different than the ones we have in Iowa. Ours don't seem particularly aggressive, either, Unless you almost step on one of their young ones.

While searching for hidden runner duck eggs in a bunch of trumpet vines, I looked down just in time to NOT crush a robin fledgling who wasn't too keen on flight yet. His desperate parents began screaming at me and flying hysterically. It only got worse when Junior hopped into an open chicken run, and I had to scoop him up to keep him away from my bullying birds. All is well now.
Thank you.

Thats a pretty awesome nickname to have! I'm yet to see them leave their perch, their lake is very shallow (under 4 metres deep) so I guess they must be quite lazy lol!

Oh really? Naturally just assumed all robins would be the same! Will have to look yours up and see the difference. Ours are very passive to bigger birds but from what I was reading they are very rude to smaller ones haha.

Amazing! Birds may be beautiful but they can sometimes not be the smartest 😂🐣

To me, the biggest difference is the amount of red coloring and where it's located on the birds. Robins here don't have red on their heads, but the color goes much further down their breasts. I also thought all robins would look alike!
P1060735.jpg

Here's one I took earlier at a nearby farm, love their colour! Truly amazing little birbs

P1060630.jpg
P1060671.jpg

The gorgeous magpie, today I learned that it is one of the most intelligent animals!
Their brain-to-body-mass ratio is outmatched only by that of humans and equals that of aquatic mammals and great apes.
But my word they make the loudest, most annoying sound lol! Here's one doing it today haha!
P1060663.jpg

Back
Top Bottom