wild bird seed safe for chickens???

Quote:
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
And I've been reading about how dumb guineas are.... that's pretty smart!

Oh, I don't think they are dumb at all. They are mean, but not dumb. They make me so mad, as they chase the chickens away from their food.

Catherine

I eventually would love to get a few guineas. I don't know if I could let them run loose on only 4 acres though. They would probably be in the nieghbors' yards lol. Either that or there are a lot of woods behind our house, they would most likely go in there and never wanna come out unless I kept them in a pen.

Quote:
gig.gif

Mine eat the seed under the feeder but then they get distracted by the guinea in the sliding glass door and have to walk over and yell at it. I learned not to let them near the feeders when DH is sleeping. That door leads to our bedroom! lol

Quote:
I would love to see a video of this! I laughed and laughed at just the thought of it! I love our entertaining birds!
lol.png

CJ

my husband just gave our hens a bit of bird seed that we have had for years. I think it is dangerous and not for hens. Is it ok for hens?

As long as it wasn't moldy or mice had got into it, should be fine. I buy wild bird seed by the 100 pound bag and my girls love it, it's their special "daily treat." When I shake the can with that in it, they come running and will do my bidding (well, sort of)...

you man the sunflower seeds in bird food will grow in the garden? I have to do that. The sunflower seeds are the black ones, right?

Back
Top Bottom