Wild chick? she is nuts

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
ok i am typing this one handed while i try to tame this chick. i bought it this weekend and was told its an egyptian. it is insane and wild. holding it freaks it out. it just shakes. anything other than constant holding and making the poor thing shake work for calming them. is this a breed thing. its so freaked out!

Ok so just keep doing what I am doing. I read about the breed and they are considered flighty. I just worry because the little thing gets so upset when I feed and hold her. I don't want her so wild that I cannot check her as I need to. We will just keep up the taking turns holding her. I tried blocking out light at night which calmed it down considerably. During the day its still very frantic. I just worry for her. She seems so upset.

Does she have a brooder buddy? Maybe get her a friend or handle BOTH chicks when you take her out.

Chicken see, chicken do?

I've read Fayoumis are just wild, flighty birds. (assuming you do have a fayoumi here) Maybe make sure she has a dark place to go, plenty of everything she needs...and make her feel safe with you. I don't know other than that.

Back
Top Bottom