Wild Chickens

Wandalea Wild

In the Brooder
May 9, 2021
I've been raising domestic chickens off & on for years, but now am wanting to entice the wild chickens of Kauai to lay their eggs in the nest boxes we just made. The boxes are in a quiet, sheltered area where the chickens already scratch. We have added a compost pile of manure, ongoing veggie scraps, leaves, & yard trimmings. Also some chow just temporarily to get them started. Our friend has wild chickens laying in elevated boxes in her open barn. Ours are several feet off the ground too. Kauai is brimming with wild chickens! So hopefully they will discover the boxes & lay in them.

I've been raising domestic chickens off & on for years, but now am wanting to entice the wild chickens of Kauai to lay their eggs in the nest boxes we just made. The boxes are in a quiet, sheltered area where the chickens already scratch. We have added a compost pile of manure, ongoing veggie scraps, leaves, & yard trimmings. Also some chow just temporarily to get them started. Our friend has wild chickens laying in elevated boxes in her open barn. Ours are several feet off the ground too. Kauai is brimming with wild chickens! So hopefully they will discover the boxes & lay in them.
Ooo yay! Tell me what happens! I would put some on the ground too just in case 😁

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom