Wild Ducks Visiting Domestic ducks

Hey yall. Yesterday I noticed a pair of wild mallard ducks swimming with my domestic ducks. My ducks are free range, so they were in a drain/stream thing in our horse pasture. My one female duck seems to be getting WAAAAAY to attached to these wild ducks. She will leave her two drakes to be with them. I'm afraid the wild ones will give them a disease or something. Should I be concerned? I'm also worried that my ducks will leave with the wild ducks. I finally locked my ducks in the run. The one female duck just paced back and forth trying to get out to go to the wild pair. My family is annoyed I have my ducks locked in their run right now, did I do the right thing? What can I do? I tried chasing the wild ducks away by running at them and making loud noises....it didn't work. They kept just flying over my head and landing on the other side. I'm just concerned my ducks are going to get sick or leave.
Yeah , I have a different problem. The wild ducks are chasing our rouen ducks. Don't know what to do anymore.

Yeah , I have a different problem. The wild ducks are chasing our rouen ducks. Don't know what to do anymore.
Some wild geese beat up our ducks once. Can you possibly chase them away? I know it really doesn't work sometimes....but it has worked before.

Trap them and put them in quarantine.

It's a good time of year to have wild duck problems. In six months the wild ducks from the arctic will be back. Avian flu is rampant up there killing all sorts of birds and, now, even mammals.

Back
Top Bottom