Wild ducks?

animalloverducks

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2018
Hi,
I live next to a beautiful creek filled with wildlife.
There is a family of ducks that "lives" in our backyard. They showed up one day and never left. Now that it's approaching winter I was wondering if it would be okay to build a structure where they could stay warm.
Would this be illegal? We are not technically "keeping them" as they can leave at any time.
PS. Yes, we are guilty of feeding them, thats probably why they are here :)

How cold are your winters? If they are indeed domestic instead of mallards then it's probably best for them to intervene..Rouen and mallards look exactly the same, Although Rounes will look much larger and aren't * able to fly. Here's a pic of mine as an example.
IMG_2530.JPG

Hi,
I live next to a beautiful creek filled with wildlife.
There is a family of ducks that "lives" in our backyard. They showed up one day and never left. Now that it's approaching winter I was wondering if it would be okay to build a structure where they could stay warm.
Would this be illegal? We are not technically "keeping them" as they can leave at any time.
PS. Yes, we are guilty of feeding them, thats probably why they are here :)
If they are indeed wild ducks, the best way to find out what you can or cannot do for them is to call your local game warden or DNR agent. Discuss with them the situation and what you would like to do. They will be able to tell you what you can or cannot do and may even offer suggestions that you have not thought of.

Back
Top Bottom