Wild Ginseng found...Pa

Huh.....well if that don't beat all.

I think I may just leave it. I'm not good with plants at all. I have a feeling we always mow over it before the red is able to appear.

this is more the stuff you find added to lots of fillers and sold in pills. it in many ways is like cocaine leaves. But legal~ It gives you energy, helps fevers, etc! HUGE in Asia one plant root got 30,000
ep.gif
it was over 30 years old

Ginseng (or zang) as people call it, grows in 70-80% shade in forest only, it will not grow out in the open unless under a trellis from what i know..

I spend plenty of time on the mountain and only know of a few small patches..The biggest Ive seen is 4 prong.

I was pleased to find this patch, its young some newly plants also coming up around the older plants..

gensing018.jpg

gensing019.jpg

gensing017.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
So do we. Especially in one park that we trail ride in. It's everywhere.

They are worth a pretty penny! Just check before you dig~ Man i would love to find that stuff

They are pretty neat looking plants..Love the red berries against the green foliage on them..

wonder if its possible to grow them in planter box's on the north and east part of the house?? anybody ever try this?

Back
Top Bottom