wild goose thread...

Discussion in 'Geese' started by roocrazy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I totally agree with you Randy, I love having a "flock" they look more natural in my mind. I also think wild geese do much better and are much happier in small groups opposed to a single pair.

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Im envious of all you land barrons.[​IMG] Thats the price I pay for living in the city.

3. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Heres a few of mine....
    [​IMG]
    Nenes..
    [​IMG]
    Lesser Magellans
    Ill find more pictures tommorow, I have alot more... Barnacles, Cacklers, Canadas, Brown and White Egyptians...... I have more Nenes too.. Will try to get pictures tommorow...

4. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Quote:I agree too, Except with Nene... Mine have NEVER done well in a 'flock'... They fight alot more then all my other geese, I have a flock of Egyptians that get along MUCH better then Nenes, Each pair of Nenes here have their own pen.

5. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    They look good Ryan [​IMG] Thanks for sharing. How old and how long have you had the lessers?

6. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Quote:I have had the lessers for about 6 months.. A friend of mine used to raise them but got out of some birds, So I bought his breeder pair. They had 2 clutches of 4 babies for him last year... Hoping to get something out of them. We will see..

7. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Wow Randy very nice, now those are two birds on my wish list. I have both emperor, and whoopers on my permit, but as a college student cant bring myself to drop that kinda $$$ on birds. Are your whooper tolerant of the geese?

9. destinduck

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Beautiful Randy. Im in the same boat J3172. Thats a lot of coin walking around. I could only afford one of those emperor prs, Be my luck some predator would take em out. You must not have predators around at all or a BIG fence around the whole thing. Thanks for all the great photos. They do look great in a flock!

10. sebastopol

sebastopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Basque Country, Spain
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by