1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wild Turkeys take over town

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicabee19, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    On my way to work this morning, 7 wild turkeys crossed the 4 lane highway. They were smart though, it was right in front of the Eastham Police station.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is too funny! I had that happen once with deer - they would not leave and ate my entire garden in three days.

4. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, funny! I thought I lived in wild turkey central: on the border of a national park with a landscape of woods and meadows, perfect turkey territory and on top of that, the lady next door leaves food out for them. But even with all that, the turkeys are shy and don't get close to our houses. We only see them from a distance. I'd freak out if I looked out my window and saw turkeys swarming my porch. That's just bizarre.

5. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Hey I lived in Longview when I was kid, don't remember the turkeys though...course don't remember a whole lot from that time period.... age thing... [​IMG]

6. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I had my Royal Palm on the porch today, pecking the door so I would come out and feed them. I have two domesticated Rio Grande turkeys in my flock. Nope, they aren't scared of much, except of being touched. I tell people all the time when they're in a group, they're like a bunch of bad preschoolers, into everything!

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

And people say turkeys are dumb??? HELLOoooooo, cant shoot inside the city limits!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by