Wildlife Photography

Pics
Here is a tiger swallowtail!
IMG_20200801_134232.jpg

Lol, as long as I'm not to close they don't bother me 🙂. My daughter in law can't even look at a snake skin!! Somewhere I have a picture of me holding a big snake during a visit at our preschool. I think I must have been crazy, as it was really big 😲.
That one looks to be a black ratsnake which eat rodents and the occasional copperhead. They get about 6' long or so and maybe 2-3 inches across, not too big. Also, they do tend to be pissy and will bite if you make them mad, but it's like getting hit with sandpaper, no fangs, and no venom (take a Benadryl after, it will itch like crazy but no actual harm done.)

That one looks to be a black ratsnake which eat rodents and the occasional copperhead. They get about 6' long or so and maybe 2-3 inches across, not too big. Also, they do tend to be pissy and will bite if you make them mad, but it's like getting hit with sandpaper, no fangs, and no venom (take a Benadryl after, it will itch like crazy but no actual harm done.)

I've not had that problem yet, not seen and alive up close. Found a dead one in the barn and greenhouse. That's good to know 👍

Makes sense to me, many creatures and people would do the same if I'm not mistaken
Exactly, I've never had a ratsnake come towards me when upset. Apparently black racers are a little meaner and will actually chase you, but they have similar bites so no point in running from them. Hognose will play dead to get you to leave them alone.

Back
Top Bottom