Wildlife Photography

I have so many photos I want to share, finally got round to processing a few!

I tried the lying down approach Wednesday morning, was working well other than it being very dark. Then a Labrador came up behind me and tried biting my leg for their owner to say "don't worry he's friendly." Angry, I went home.

Yesterday I went around midday as it was overcast (again) and lay down. Others' dogs kept scaring the birds away so I asked my missus to bribe the birds with some feed and got some photos in.

Here's a female tufted duck, usually VERY shy but even she got a bit peckish 🙂
IMGP4246.jpg

I have so many photos I want to share, finally got round to processing a few!

I tried the lying down approach Wednesday morning, was working well other than it being very dark. Then a Labrador came up behind me and tried biting my leg for their owner to say "don't worry he's friendly." Angry, I went home.

Yesterday I went around midday as it was overcast (again) and lay down. Others' dogs kept scaring the birds away so I asked my missus to bribe the birds with some feed and got some photos in.

Here's a female tufted duck, usually VERY shy but even she got a bit peckish 🙂
View attachment 3340847
Very nice shot. Definitely got a low angle on that one. It gives you that nice blurry background and a good eyelevel perspective of the duck.

This video explains why getting that low angle matters in wildlife photography. If you don't have time to watch it all, skip to the end and check out some of his images. I've learned a lot from watching his channel.

Here are some more of his low angle shots....

https://500px.com/p/skeysimages?view=photos

Very nice shot. Definitely got a low angle on that one. It gives you that nice blurry background and a good eyelevel perspective of the duck.

This video explains why getting that low angle matters in wildlife photography. If you don't have time to watch it all, skip to the end and check out some of his images. I've learned a lot from watching his channel.

Here are some more of his low angle shots....

https://500px.com/p/skeysimages?view=photos
It's undoubtedly a fantastic tactic, just awkward to implement for someone very inpatient (wrong hobby? 😜). Photos look vastly better than others I have taken, the detail it allows for is brilliant. I would add these images were taken in quite low light - I had not realised how dark the images were during shooting!

IMGP4216.jpg
IMGP4243.jpg
IMGP4214.jpg
IMGP4201.jpg

It's undoubtedly a fantastic tactic, just awkward to implement for someone very inpatient (wrong hobby? 😜). Photos look vastly better than others I have taken, the detail it allows for is brilliant. I would add these images were taken in quite low light - I had not realised how dark the images were during shooting!

View attachment 3341211View attachment 3341212View attachment 3341213View attachment 3341214
That first Scaup (or is it a Tufted?) is incredible. Excellent work.

100% amateur.
I only use my Samsung S21 Ultra. For a phone camera, it is good, in my NON pro opinion, LoL.
I believe I read it has so many options/settings?? More than I could understand..
Anyway, Brandon, amazing photos!!

View attachment 3341216
Whoa he looks crazy cool! That's a moth??? We have the same phone! I think it's photos can look pretty great too. Thank you very much!!
That first Scaup (or is it a Tufted?) is incredible. Excellent work.
Unfortunately another tufted haha. Thank you very muchly!

Back
Top Bottom