Wildlife Photography

Tufted Titmouse
I tried the suggestion to change aperture to f8 but I didn't have enough light so my settings for this one were
1/1600 sec at f5.6 640 ISO 200mm.

It is much sharper than the Cardinal I posted a few days ago that I took at f4.

I expect the tail of the bird would have come into focus at f8 but wanted to keep my shutter speed up because these little guys are fast. Ill try f8 on a brighter day.
tufted titmouse.jpg
Cardinal.jpg

I want to try setup a bird table at home again, want some input to try and make it the best I can. I was thinking about two potted trees (not sure what species would be good) and attach feeders to them? Idk how to do it so that it's okay on a "patio" and ok considering we have many dogs and cats around. Any ideas are appreciated 👍

I have tried a simple bird table and feeder previously but even after weeks, months no birds came, I think because of cats I guess I am not sure!

I want to try setup a bird table at home again, want some input to try and make it the best I can. I was thinking about two potted trees (not sure what species would be good) and attach feeders to them? Idk how to do it so that it's okay on a "patio" and ok considering we have many dogs and cats around. Any ideas are appreciated 👍

I have tried a simple bird table and feeder previously but even after weeks, months no birds came, I think because of cats I guess I am not sure!

Hi, I have dog and cats and birds took their time before visiting my feeder, but it's easier in winter, when they struggle to find food. I have a bird feeder pole but birds ignored it for many months, they eventually succumbed to the temptation in winter. Now they visit it in every season, but it's still more popular when it snows.
I guess there are many factors to consider depending on the climate and the environment, but my first advice would be to be patient since birds may be shy at the beginning!

Back
Top Bottom