Wildlife thread

well found a raccoon the other day, my grandpa dealt with it, (i only shoot and kill things i can eat or use for another reason) quick clean shot to the head made for an instance kill. first coon of the year and one of the only times i have seen one up a tree. (also raccoons where i live are in an open season year round.) but if it was winter time i would have saved and sold the pelt.

well we found another raccoon today, (more so saw it so far) it was raiding the squirrel and bird feeders we set out. sucks to have it around with chickens, also saw a rabbit yesterday and a baby bunny (which my cat killed)

Funny, we saw a raccoon raiding bird feeders too! Lol we went to the Audobon.

Aww that's sad about the bunny!

We went hiking and saw tons of wildlife lol

Saw a huge Tom turkey right outside the nature center window (and the center has turtles and fish and cool stuff) and then out the other window saw the raccoon and a chipmunk. There were some black birds, maybe a grackle?, dive bombing the coon :lau it just didn't care LOL

and we saw tons of turtles sunning themselves on rocks and logs in a pond and tons of HUGE tadpoles in that same pond and a few fish and 1 frog. And a turtle crossing the trail.

We also saw fiddler crabs (at least I think so?) On a marsh, there were soooooo many. And some volunteers released some terrapin turtles but I didn't get close enough to really see it but overheard a photographer who asked to take pictures and talking about it after aha I saw it swim away from semi far away. They caught it and weighed it, measured. Etc. Idk if they tagged it. They are endangered.

Saw some chickadees and maybe a nuthatch? And a cardinal at the feeders too.

And we saw a pair of geese and 3 or 4 little babies!!!

I forget what else we saw haha

But it was fun!

Funny, we saw a raccoon raiding bird feeders too! Lol we went to the Audobon.

Aww that's sad about the bunny!

We went hiking and saw tons of wildlife lol

Saw a huge Tom turkey right outside the nature center window (and the center has turtles and fish and cool stuff) and then out the other window saw the raccoon and a chipmunk. There were some black birds, maybe a grackle?, dive bombing the coon :lau it just didn't care LOL

and we saw tons of turtles sunning themselves on rocks and logs in a pond and tons of HUGE tadpoles in that same pond and a few fish and 1 frog. And a turtle crossing the trail.

We also saw fiddler crabs (at least I think so?) On a marsh, there were soooooo many. And some volunteers released some terrapin turtles but I didn't get close enough to really see it but overheard a photographer who asked to take pictures and talking about it after aha I saw it swim away from semi far away. They caught it and weighed it, measured. Etc. Idk if they tagged it. They are endangered.

Saw some chickadees and maybe a nuthatch? And a cardinal at the feeders too.

And we saw a pair of geese and 3 or 4 little babies!!!

I forget what else we saw haha

But it was fun!
that is awesome i have only seen one turtle in the wild, (even though the river by me is supposed to have tons) never seen a wild crab, have seen cray fish if you count those though. but went to the rocky mountains (Alberta/BC) a few months ago and saw a lot of rocky mountain sheep (big horn i think) and that was about it saw a few elk and some pronghorn on the way there. :)

Oh and we saw two adorable bunnies eating in the path on the way back.

And we went to Chatham to the fishing pier and saw 2 seals and then later another one! The boats weren't there cause it was late but the seals still were and went on their backs a lot lol so cute

And some HUGE sea gulls

And we just saw a deer!

Big wildlife day haha

that is awesome i have only seen one turtle in the wild, (even though the river by me is supposed to have tons) never seen a wild crab, have seen cray fish if you count those though. but went to the rocky mountains (Alberta/BC) a few months ago and saw a lot of rocky mountain sheep (big horn i think) and that was about it saw a few elk and some pronghorn on the way there. :)

I've seen a lot of turtles because we live near a pond sort of and go lots of places with ponds lol and lots of crabs cause we're by the ocean but there were literally SO MANY. they're the kind with the little holes in the mud lol

Wow that is awesome! I have always wanted to go there and also see those animals haha

I've seen a lot of turtles because we live near a pond sort of and go lots of places with ponds lol and lots of crabs cause we're by the ocean but there were literally SO MANY. they're the kind with the little holes in the mud lol

Wow that is awesome! I have always wanted to go there and also see those animals haha
that would be awesome to live by the ocean (so many different types of fish to catch) the nearest ocean to me is 24 hrs away only seen the ocean once in my life (and i was like 4 or 5) but what i do remember is seeing black tail deer (which we only have white and mule deer here) and jelly fish which was awesome.

well so far two nights in a row we have caught coons (in a havahart style trap), and this will be coon number four (shot and killed 3 and one was dead on the highway in front of our drive way).

we have alot of deer around are house. one night i was walking my dog (harriet) and there were three deer and my dog freaked out and ran to the house as fast as possible

Back
Top Bottom