Will a Black Bird with a Couple White Feathers in Wings be Disqualified in a Show?

If bred continuously to a good quality black, if say a generation or two of white popping up is possible and then they should be good. Not sure though, luckily I haven't had to figure it out.
Being solid black thus far for this breed / strain does not appear to be a requirement for quality. For next couple seasons I will be line breeding back to him. Hopefully a bird without white can be found by then to introduce the variation needed to correct.

Being solid black thus far for this breed / strain does not appear to be a requirement for quality. For next couple seasons I will be line breeding back to him. Hopefully a bird without white can be found by then to introduce the variation needed to correct.
That might work. You know far more breedingwise than I do.

Had this same problem with some Barred Plymouth Rocks. They were hatchery-quality dual-purpose birds, though, so it is par for the course.

We ate the two stags that had this problem and kept a better one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_100157247.jpg
    IMG_20200905_100157247.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200911_124211679.jpg
    IMG_20200911_124211679.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200911_124216316.jpg
    IMG_20200911_124216316.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200911_124234497.jpg
    IMG_20200911_124234497.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 2
I have a brood of black Aseels growing up. About half have white feathers in their wings, as does their father. The father did not have the white feathers when I got him last year. I think they were pulled as those feather positions were vacant when I got him. Can he and those chicks be shown without being disqualified?
Could you show pictures of the chicks?

I myself have never seen a pure black aseel. I always have seen some other colour of feathers (red, white, duck wing) in black colour aseels.

Could you show pictures of the chicks?

I myself have never seen a pure black aseel. I always have seen some other colour of feathers (red, white, duck wing) in black colour aseels.
They are all juveniles now with eldest on cusp of being adult, at least in terms of feathering. Only male out of five remaining (2 pullets gifted back to provider of hen) showing some red in back, just a little. Pictures will be taken when I have time.

They are all juveniles now with eldest on cusp of being adult, at least in terms of feathering. Only male out of five remaining (2 pullets gifted back to provider of hen) showing some red in back, just a little. Pictures will be taken when I have time.
How many females and Males did you keep?

Back
Top Bottom