Will a LED light be sufficient to make quails lay eggs more often?

bridgetchicken

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Will an aquarium LED light turned on for 14 hours daily be sufficient enough to make the quails lay eggs continuously even in the winter months?

I currently have quail in my garage that get 14 hours of LED grow lights from my aquaponics system and they lay pretty consistently. I also have some in a spare bedroom that get sun and a single 7 W LED that's on about 14 hours, too. They're about 8 weeks old and some have been laying for about 2 weeks.

I currently have quail in my garage that get 14 hours of LED grow lights from my aquaponics system and they lay pretty consistently. I also have some in a spare bedroom that get sun and a single 7 W LED that's on about 14 hours, too. They're about 8 weeks old and some have been laying for about 2 weeks.
Nice multitasking. What kind of aquaponics do you have set up? Are the fish for eating or just providing nutrients to your plants?

Nice multitasking. What kind of aquaponics do you have set up? Are the fish for eating or just providing nutrients to your plants?
It's a 32 gallon trash can as a fish tank with a couple of cement mixing tubs with Hydroton as media beds. I formerly had an additional raft bed, but took it out a while back. I started with Gambesi (mosquito fish) just for nutrients, but had replaced them with tilapia. I'm working to wind it down because I'll be moving soon and don't currently have any fish in it. All that's growing now is some ginger and marshmallow. I plan to set up a greenhouse with an IBC based aquaponics setup and raise more tilapia once I'm settled on my new property.

Back
Top Bottom