Will be setting Silkie Eggs first week of Nov. who is with me?

My eggs are doing fine. I was going to candle them tonight but didn't get to it. It is also day 3 for me. So day 4 for both of us!!!
I have been worrying about my eggs, I was so excited until I got them. Half were very dirty and she didn't send me any info like what color anything!!
A receipt only. So excitement is gone leaving behind in it's place anxiety, lots and lots.
My friends dad gave me 4 eggs. Unknown. One was greenish/blue and small. He hatched on Friday night!! so thankful, (I was using an experimental incub.) The only bantam at his place is the Golden Laced Cochin Bantam. So I think he/she is a cross.
Tuesday the last egg is due t hatch. The last time I candled it everything seemed to be fine.
fl.gif
fl.gif

This egg was put in 4 or 5 days after the others b/c there was only room for 3.

The new flashlight that I got was an LED from T.S,C, it was $10.00 and I believe is going to do great! I will tell you tomorrow.

celebrate.gif

Oh, oh, one more thing. One of my GLC Bantam's FINALLY laid an egg this morning!!!!!!
wee.gif

These silkies did not come from a BYC member.

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats on the Kelar eggs! My friend just hatched some of Karens over the last two days and they are beautiful!! I'm hoping to get some from her soon myself;) Happy hatching!!
wink.png

My birthday was the 28th of October and I set 15 White Crested Blue Polish eggs that I got for my bday and while I was at it I threw in the 5 recent eggs from my splash silkies.
I'm not supposed to be hatching anything this time of year but oh well. It's hard to stop.

Quote:
I use the little LED flashlight with fresh batteries. It's very bright. TSC sells them for about 5.00.

I just tried the same thing tonight and it works GREAT! It's a little pin light with the on/off button on the bottom. Same one?

Back
Top Bottom