1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will button quail's crowing annoy the neighbors?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Hoover67, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    How loud are these birds? I have a bunch of eggs coming next week. I cannot wait! They are so cute!

Thanks, Michele

2. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Not very loud. I doubt the neighbors will hear them unless they are real close by and even then it doesn't seem to be constant crowing. My sister who spends time near their pen tells me they seem very quiet birds to her.

3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    From 40 feet away they blend in nicely with the wild birds. Hard to tell the difference unless your a bird watcher and can tell the calls apart.

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I agree-they are pretty quiet really, and don't crow constantly.

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Mine are very quiet. They are in the bottom of my parakeet aviary and I can say the parakeets are about 50x louder than the 10 button quail.

They make cute little 'beeping' noises mostly - it's constant but not loud at all. I can't imagine it would bother the neighbors unless you take a microphone and magnify the sound 100x and then put the speaker under their pillow or something.

6. Hoover67

Hoover67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Huntsville
    Great. I am so excited! The eggs arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by