Will chickens eat airsoft bbs?

I just recently sent the police over to a neighbors home whos son was shooting an airsoft gun in his back yard and they were landing in my yard. I discovered them because my chickens were taking an interest in them so I went all around the back yard and picked up as many as I could find then called the police. I even found a couple in my FRONT yard which gives you an idea of how powerful those AS guns are.

I wouldn't think the little plastic BB would hurt your chickens. Seems like they would go right through the chickens system. Chickens eat god knows what when their free ranging. My chickens pick things up 4 or five times before they eat little morsels.

I've seen ours eat them. I made my son start using the biodegradable BB's years ago, but there are plastics still around...they've eaten them....
I saw a hen eat 3 dud firecrackers the other day....she was swallowing the third when I figured out what she had. My son got a good *** eatin, but it's been a few months now and no illness.
Wife asked it they could kill her...I said....only if she gets too near an open flame. LOL.

Biodegradable is what we use but haven't looked to see what they are made of and how long they take to dissolve. I'd assume some plant based stuff like soy beans.

We have 20 acres of woods so that's where we shoot alot.

Back
Top Bottom