Will cornish X broilers lay eggs??

We had one that made it to laying and was doing so daily for almost a month, but she got sick and had to be put down. The other we got with her in April has never laid an egg. Best advice for getting them laying is keep em active and on reg laying hen rations so they don't get to heavy. They both got along well and wanted to be reg egg layers like the rest of the flock.

My cornish just passed away this weekend. She was 1 year 3 months old. She laid a very pale egg every other day. No double yolk from her. Sometimes they were much longer and less round than other eggs. Almost like a cone shape. She was a very sweet chicken and was free range but hung out around the coop most of the time. She did not go very far. She panted a lot when it was hot and humid and was always in the shade sitting. She pooped all over her backside and had to get but baths and clipped constantly. She looked like she had diaper rash. A great chicken but won't get them again, she was an accident. ...
[/IMG]

almost 3 weeks ago i bought 6 cornish x chicks age one day and my orpington hen adapt them with her 3 chicks was also one day old
now the 9 chicks grow up together the 9 chicks in open free range and the 6 chicks cornish x they behave exactly as any natural chicks they eat only what their mother allow them to eat they making dust bath and sun bath they sleep under their mother wings they behave 100% natural
i have hope to get from them eggs
any one know when they start laying eggs?
if i will not get eggs from them better to use them for meet than to keep them and disappointed at the end

You can get eggs from them around the normal 20 week but it won't be every day. They are better off as meat. The will have many health issues the longer they live.the just aren't meant for eggs.

Can you put meat and layers to gather? Also can u put ducks chickens n other fowl birds to gather?

Last edited:
Can you put meat and layers to gather? Also can u put ducks chickens n other fowl birds to gather?
I had my meat birds and layers together for awhile. The meat chickens are a bit more aggressive, and much larger than my RedStar pullets(white tails), Turkens - Naked Neck, Big Fat pullets- Red Rangers. It was hard for them to hang so they roosted a lot. I finally separated them at point of lay.

I had my meat birds and layers together for awhile. The meat chickens are a bit more aggressive, and much larger than my RedStar pullets(white tails), Turkens - Naked Neck, Big Fat pullets- Red Rangers. It was hard for them to hang so they roosted a lot. I finally separated them at point of lay.
depends I think, we didn't have to much problem having ours with the layers, but they were all free ranged, did a lot of chasing at first to get them to go out and free range but they did it and stayed a lot healthier for it. The ones we processed at 2 months were the ones that weren't having nothing to do with it or aggressive and they were still bigger than what you get in the store. They grew huge slower but had a couple that made it to a year old and one of their breasts was as big as a whole chicken at the store. they free ranged and were fed normal layer feed. They produced 3-7 eggs a weel

Back
Top Bottom