Will Duckie Crush Chickie??

when they were little. i had them in a cardboard box with a lot of shavings on the floor. then once they were about your guys size i used wee-wee pads for underneath the water dish. it worked out great!. then after that once they started getting bigger i just used the wee-wee pads outside the pen and fed them like 5 times a day!. i know it sucks that the duck cant have water all day but it really worked out great!!! then after that i made the thing in the picture. i use a whelping pen for dogs to have puppies in. one the far side in the picture you can see it already had an opening and then i just used the largest size tub there was and i cut a hole in it too match up with the pen and put the water in a deep dish and filled it a little more than half way and he couldnt spill it or anything. and i put the food on the right side too. so it kept it seperate. so here is the pic: if you have any questions let me know!!!!!!! :-D
4gptmp.jpg

What a great idea with the wee wee pads! I have them, and I will let you know how it turns out! There is nothing in the wee wee pad that could be dangerous if ingested? The duck eats the paper towels, so in case it tries to eat the wee wee pad, would it be ok? I don't know if there are any chemicals in there.
idunno.gif

Chickie Mamma,
Be careful what you wish for! I had a pair of runner ducks in with my chickens and he would try to mate the chicken hens just as much as his own lady. It was very aggravating because he would grab them on the back of their necks and be very rough with them. I finally found the ducks a new home.

Quote:
Hello again, I tried the wee wee pad today and the dopey duck was trying to eat it so I took it out! Maybe when it is a little bigger, it won't bother. They are not the smartest animals!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom