Will Ducks Go Up a Ramp?

sab

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Ripley, WV
We're building a coop for 5 chickens and 1 Pekin Duck. Will the duck use the ramp? So far, the chickens have wondered up the ramp during this construction phase, but Duck-Duck hasn't tried. Will I have to train her or will I be wasting my time and should I plan on something outside for her @ night in the run?

Thanks!

My duck doesn't use the ramp, it's quite a steep incline tho. I converted under the coop into a fully enclosed bed for the duck. At night the chooks go up into their coop and my quacker goes underneath!
smile.png

make sure the ramp is at least twice the width of the duck- and that you provide traction and a low slope ( but not at the expense of making it way too long ) to the ramp and you will have more chance of the duck using it.

mine dont bother with a ramp, they just jump up at the hole until they they get(!) (((scovies))

Mine go up one that is at a 45 degree angle, and 3ft high. They walk up it at night, but they fly out of it in the morning. It took us almost 3 weeks of going out there every night, picking them up, and putting them in the coop before they stated using it.

Quote:
How do you clean that out? I have been looking for someway to put the ducks in with the chickens. If you have pictures I would love if you could pm them to me. So I'm not taking over this post.

Back
Top Bottom