Will foxes attack/kill outdoor cats?

Well, isn't that interesting.
If you skin a cat and a fox and lay them side by side you will see that the only real difference is the bushy tail.
The top of the food chain for coyotes is house cat. fox is number two. When Wiley moves into an area, you know it because you start seeing more healthy foxes in the day time. The foxes have to hide at night because the coyotes are nocturnal.  And cats go missing, too, when coyotes move in.
My cats kill possums and squirrels, just like foxes. I've got a gray tabby I'll put up against any fox.
We do not worry about foxes getting our barn and house cats.
Coyotes are the problem here. When they are around. It' different everywhere though.

Well I've shot and skinned a coyote before and sold the pelt. No foxes though and definetely no cats. Who is this guy that skins cats and compares their bodies to skinned foxes? Isn't skining pets a sign of pdychopathic behaviour?

My cat wen't missiv 2 weeks ago, just about when we spotted a fox on the woods in our land. Today we found her hairs deep inside the woods, our vet friend says definitely got eaten by the fox, they eat it all and just leave a bit of hair :(
In al the things I thought might have happened to her, this i didn't see coming

Sorry that this question isn't really for chickens, but it is for our outdoor cats who kill the mice that get in our coop! We have 4 outdoor cats, which do an excellent job at killing mice. We currently have NO mice at all in the coop and we would like it to stay that way. Now, we have foxes in the area. My neighbor's dog likes to pee everywhere outside (share property), which keeps unwanted animals away. Our cats do wonder off into the woods. I figured that some of you might have some cats that you enjoy having around the farm or whatever, so have you guys ever had foxes and cats cross lines? Our only male cat is the smallest of the 4 (sad) and I couldn't imagine any of the girls fighting a fox off.
Thank you for your help.
The answer is simple- they won't if you have a dog guarding the cat.Our dogs do the pest control around here.Oh and also, they hate cats :D
19621758_1401525646628368_142253771_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom