Will foxes kill all the chickens and leave them in the yard?

Foxes will do that as well. I had a vixen and her kits kill 23 chickens one afternoon. They apparently took them all down first, as I caught them just as they were coming back to carry more away.
I can't imagine what it feels like to walk in and find so many dead or missing chickens and see a fox and kits coming back for the rest!

I can't imagine what it feels like to walk in and find so many dead or missing chickens and see a fox and kits coming back for the rest!
It was my fault :( I got lax and let them out of the chicken pasture 2"x 4" x 5' fencing and into the steer pasture with regular field fencing that foxes can easily pass through. That will not happen again.

This is a hard call on what did this. It's sounds like fox with the digging, but fox always carry off the dead unless interrupted. Racoons will kill the whole flock and let them lay there after they eat their fill. Sometimes there is more than one creature at work complicating things that much more. Coyote can also do this as well as dogs. Look for tracks and signs hair and such.

It was my fault :( I got lax and let them out of the chicken pasture 2"x 4" x 5' fencing and into the steer pasture with regular field fencing that foxes can easily pass through. That will not happen again.
I keep mine locked up but they have 24/7 access to their coop and run both. During the day they have a bigger run I open up for them. I can only dream of turning them out in a pasture ,we have too many predators !

Back many decades ago when I was a teen I had black light posters and strobe lights in my bedroom thought about the old strobe light one day got to digging and found it .I mounted motion detector lights around the fence and wired them to same power source. Use cords plugged in a adapter where bulbs screwed in so could plug cord to strobe light when activated strobe light come on .worked great for spooking varmits.also hooked to stero blasting when it came on had speaker s mountd to trees post inside of buckets screwed the bottom of buckets so they be out of the rain but marine speakers don't need protection.Had christmas blinking tree lights hooked up also .Sounds crazy right but it saved many incidents from happening Cheers

Power supply came from 30 amp breaker 10 2 wire best I can remember old man getting forgetful a bit in some areas Cheers

Also had 500 watt lights on poles around the yard it light the yard up had it on a switch so I could see anything on the yard

I keep mine locked up but they have 24/7 access to their coop and run both. During the day they have a bigger run I open up for them. I can only dream of turning them out in a pasture ,we have too many predators !
I can only do so because of my dogs. Unfortunately that afternoon it was almost 100 and the dogs were in the house enjoying the AC.

Back many decades ago when I was a teen I had black light posters and strobe lights in my bedroom thought about the old strobe light one day got to digging and found it .I mounted motion detector lights around the fence and wired them to same power source. Use cords plugged in a adapter where bulbs screwed in so could plug cord to strobe light when activated strobe light come on .worked great for spooking varmits.also hooked to stero blasting when it came on had speaker s mountd to trees post inside of buckets screwed the bottom of buckets so they be out of the rain but marine speakers don't need protection.Had christmas blinking tree lights hooked up also .Sounds crazy right but it saved many incidents from happening Cheers
I'm glad you're not my neighbor. 😂🤣😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom