will his voice "change"

waypastdawn

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
I have a beautiful Rhode Island Red Roo, he have began crowing and it sounds like he has a kazoo stuck in his throat, is he gearing up for loader mornings? I have to give a new home when the crowing starts bothering the neighbors.
sad.png

Thanks,
Dawn

I got a kick out of the descriptions, Kazoo and Party Horn are so appropriate for my Balew, ( Blue Orp) He still sounds just like a Party Horn. He is so big that it make me laugh every morning. One would expect a nice hearty crow, not a little honk.

Jaynie, my Blue Orp, Suede, still has the weirdest crow! It's very baritone, with four syllables, but is indescribable, LOL. I wish I could record it and put a Wav file on so everyone could get a laugh out of it.

so are you giving me hope that he will not become a problem? He is barely louder than some of the native birds in the mornings. I really like him and his 3 females wil miss him if I have to get him a new home or worse yet, a stew pot.
Dawn

Gee, I hate to tell you, but they do get more volume as they perfect their crow. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings! I have three crowing roosters, if you dont count the 9 week old cockerels who are starting to crow. I like to hear them every morning.

will it help to keep him inside till later? maybe not make the neighbors so mad( not that it matters so much actually all their darn dogs bark why cant my roo crow?) I put the screen back onthe window so that can not let themsleves out so early.
Dawn

Back
Top Bottom