Will history repeat it's self? And lets play the name game!

I am only 14 weeks so we have a few more weeks to go until they can tell for sure if it is a boy or girl. Just thought it would be fun to see who was right.

Right now my baby is the size of a lemon. LOL

for what it's worth -- pick a name with a common spelling and not an unusual one, or the child will be having to spell his/her name all her/his life (it's a pain) ... likewise one used for only that sex !

also, try not to pick the COMMONEST name for "that year" or that decade ...

skip Hailie ! for one it's spelled too many ways, for one it isn't really indicative as to sex (know both boys and girls with that name). for a third -- have both a granddaughter (age 7) AND a great-granddaughter (age 5) named Hailey ... not deliberate, they're on different sides of the family ... there are several other children in both girls' classes with that name too, and it has caused a lot of mixups

remember how many Jennifers there were, a few years back ?

or Christinas ? ... and I had a Christopher but both names get abbreviated to "Chris" ...

likewise, be careful with names like Pat or Kim or Kelly or Merle or Bobby or even Michael

also, if you have a girl, don't pick a "cute" name --- or she will have some "authority" issues should she become a professional woman ...

take it from me, it's hard to get respect as a Chief Financial Officer when your name is "Candy" ... though that is a nickname, my legal name is worse --- easily misspelled, mispronounced, misread, and not gender-determinate

listen to tutu !

Last edited:
LOL
My last DD's name is Hailie. They will have to spell there names all the time anyway (and already do) because our last name is not very common and is pronounce hauday but spelled Jaure. So were already riding that boat LOL. But thanks for the advice. I personally like uncommon or unusual names although DH doesn't always agree.

I am going to guess a boy, just because, lol!!!! I have three granddaughters, KateLynn (2), Kylie (2) and Cali (5) try to keep from confusing those at a family gathering. I have two daughters Amber and Brittney, any of those names work for me.

Ok, I'll spit it out. Girl! I think girl. Only reason I say this is EVERYONE I have ever known to try after many same sexed children, tend to have the same again. However, I'll wish you a boy.
Now for names, I'll shoot out my opinion. I can't stand trendy or fashionable names. I like either traditional ( usually short ) or names that are strong. If I were to have a girl again, I have 3 names that I have always loved but are the names of kids I know. Both girls, 1. Samara 2. Delaney 3. Ryan ( yes boys name but I know 2 girls with it )

Have fun with baby 6!
When are you due?

Steph

Last edited:
Im guessing boy because I LOVE the name Seth. I think its so cool, and its a Bible Name. Double Whammy for me because all of my kids are going to have Bible Names,lol.

Well I have 2 of each, must be crazy or holding my jaw right:lol:
My favorite is my youngest Girl, Jerilyn Marie, Im looking over my shoulder right now watching for older sis;)
Oh and my wife says its a girl if she has to guess, she does ultrasound at the hospital, but dont worry she was wrong on our last one:lol:

whoops, I was thinking those names you listed were possibilities, not daughters already here ! -- LOL

one thing that many have done over the years, that works pretty well, is to name the baby one of the "traditional" names (like Elizabeth, Margaret, Katherine/Catherine, Jane, Abigail, Laura, et cetera ), give her a "fancy" middle name, then find a related nickname or variant that you actually call her by

one of my favorite names is Karen (a variant of Katherine), but we couldn't use it because there already was a Karen in the family ... and anyway I had boys not girls ... our girl was going to be Melanie Annette ... this before there were all those Melanies inhabiting Hollywood ...

one pretty name that a friend has: Jenessa
(uncommon but easy to spell, pronounce, and definitely girly)

Seth is a good strong boy name ...

Back
Top Bottom