Will it hatch?

chelseachook

Songster
Mar 9, 2020
QLD, Australia
Hi, it is day 26 of incubating my chicken egg. It was the only egg out of five that was fertile and there is no external pip. I candled on day 22 and day 23 and it was still quite small. Then I candled on day 26 and it looked a lot bigger. Maybe it was late developing, because I didn't start to see veins until day 7, and I didn't see them clearly until day 10. When I look into the incubator, it isn't moving, but there have been a few times when I come back to find the egg is in a different position. It has been slightly cooler in the incubator - around 37.4 C - 37.6 C. At this point, I have no idea if it will hatch. Please help!

Hi, it is day 26 of incubating my chicken egg. It was the only egg out of five that was fertile and there is no external pip. I candled on day 22 and day 23 and it was still quite small. Then I candled on day 26 and it looked a lot bigger. Maybe it was late developing, because I didn't start to see veins until day 7, and I didn't see them clearly until day 10. When I look into the incubator, it isn't moving, but there have been a few times when I come back to find the egg is in a different position. It has been slightly cooler in the incubator - around 37.4 C - 37.6 C. At this point, I have no idea if it will hatch. Please help!
Do you have a calibrated thermometer in there? The built in ones are unreliable. Can you post some candling pics of it? The odds aren't very good as its so late in the incubation period already.

Back
Top Bottom