Will it Work?

LadiesMan017

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
My two roosters are bantam. Millie Fleur D'uccle, and Bantam Buff Brahma: Henry and Jack. Will they be able to mate with the 7 girls?
2 Silkies, BLRW, Buff Orph, Blue EE, Frizzle EE, Standard size Cochin.
They all are now 19-21 weeks of age. And will be laying any day now.
Still feeding them starter/grower feed, and introduced oyster shells a few weeks ago. And once a day some tomatoes and corn.
And just put the nesting boxes in today.

So whats next?

Yeah, they'll mate but can't say how successful they'll be with the standard sized girls. I have 10 standard sized hens and 2 OE Bantams with 1 of them being the Roo. I have witnessed several times when the Roo attempts to mate.....jumps on back, grabs a hold of neck feathers and away he goes but the funny thing is I don't think he actually connects
gig.gif
...if you know what I mean. Now when he goes after the other OE bantam he definitely is successful. Funnier than all hang when when tries to tackle one of the big girls. They are submissive to him but like I said.....I don't think he actually make the connection! I have to laugh when my kids yell out to me....Mom Dusty's at it again!!
lau.gif

M.sue :

Yeah, they'll mate but can't say how successful they'll be with the standard sized girls. I have 10 standard sized hens and 2 OE Bantams with 1 of them being the Roo. I have witnessed several times when the Roo attempts to mate.....jumps on back, grabs a hold of neck feathers and away he goes but the funny thing is I don't think he actually connects
gig.gif
...if you know what I mean. Now when he goes after the other OE bantam he definitely is successful. Funnier than all hang when when tries to tackle one of the big girls. They are submissive to him but like I said.....I don't think he actually make the connection! I have to laugh when my kids yell out to me....Mom Dusty's at it again!!
lau.gif

Poor Dusty!!! He's gonna end up with "short man syndrome!!!!"​

Quote:
Poor Dusty!!! He's gonna end up with "short man syndrome!!!!"

LOL...He is a Roo with an attitude!!!

Back
Top Bottom